Friday, September 21, 2012

The Message

Don't skip over this one, you came here for a reason. I know this sounds crazy...

Look, we all wonder if time travel is possible, right? Well, let me tell you something... it is. I'm from the future. I know you probably don't believe me, but it won't hurt you to keep reading. It's amazing, this ability. The ability to see into the past, watch events unfold... We know more than we ever would.

Above all the fun, though, there is a more serious aspect. We aren't allowed to view our own lifetime, and we are never allowed to communicate with our past selves. I'm breaking that rule now. Yes, kid, you're reading from your future self. I'm going to be executed for this, but I can accept that. By sending you this message, I'm preventing something worse than death. Years and years of unimaginable torture... undistinguished pain... unfathomable emptiness and darkness. I can't tell you outright what to do, because there are filters that would catch it. This is the closest I can get. And you have to trust me. Its about time.

You should probably read the first word of every paragraph, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment